The holidays are OVER! Your body is puffy and bloated. Your joints are achy. Your clothes feel tight.
Let’s quickly get you back on track to being healthy.
1) It’s Over. Draw a line in the sand. The bad eating stops now… not tomorrow. Right now.
2) Hydrate. The only way to restore balance is to get hydrated with lots of water.
3) Eat Whole. For the next few weeks stick with only whole, real foods like fruits, vegetables and some lean meat.
4) Drink Greens. Either powdered or fresh, greens will help restore balance. If you’re drinking fresh green juice avoid adding lots of fruit. (try the low carb green smoothie recipe below)
5) Put In The Work. Time to sweat it out.
Martial arts training provides a mental element that you don’t always find in the “gym.” While working out, you are learning a life-skill, and that mental engagement is often key to continuity. And, continuity is key to long term positive health. Not to mention, having the ability to defend yourself is becoming more-and-more essential. Our classes in West Hartford provide a healthy atmosphere, and you can train in multiple martial arts (like Kung-Fu, Krav Maga, Muay Thai Kickboxing, and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu).
If you haven’t joined yet, now is the perfect time to start. Together we will get you focused on your goals with our results-driven methods.
Simply call or email today to set up your first workout.
It’s time for some detox with this low carb green smoothie.
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
What you need
1 cup coconut water
1 tablespoon almond butter
¼ cup wheat grass
2 cups spinach
1 scoop high quality, low carb chocolate protein
1-inch slice of Banana
Optional pinch of stevia
½ cup ice
1. Combine all the ingredients in your high-speed blender then blend on high for a full minute, or until the tiny pieces of spinach have disappeared and the smoothie turns a brilliant shade of green. Drink immediately and enjoy!
One serving equals: 155 calories, 4g fat, 105mg sodium, 15g carbohydrates, 2g fiber, and 15g protein.
If you are interested in training, we have a variety of martial arts styles for you to choose from at our West Hartford, CT location. They are all oriented toward self-defense and overall health and fitness. Give me a call today at 860-922-5343, or you can learn more, and register for a free introductory session, at: www.TeamPlusOne.com.